If you bought a new expensive headphone and accidentally broke it, then there is nothing to get worried about it. Like others, I will not recommend you to purchase a new one. Instead, you’ll get to know the method of fixing a broken headphone with the help of this blog.
Remember! The given below steps shall consist of the instructions that can help you to fix your wired headphones of different types.
Here’s the method of solving the broken headphone problem.
Identify the issue
Use the headphone: while listening to the audio if you find that the voice is stopping in the mid again and again, then bend the cables. It can be possible that you can listen to the audio only when cables are placed in one specific way, then the issue is of electrical short. And you require to repair the wires of your headphones.
Put the plug into the audio jack properly: If you be able to listen the sound, then it can be that you have not put the plug properly into the jack.
Borrow another pair of headphones from someone: It can be possible that there is some defect in the audio jack rather than your headphones. You can check it by using some other headphones.
Things that are required for fixing broken headphones
- Wire strippers
- Electrical tape
- Solder and soldering iron
The method to fix broken headphone plug
- Firstly, you need to cut the plug. It needs to be cut exactly after an inch at the place wherever cable and plug meet.
- Then, use scissors to take out a bit of the cable’s covering in such a way that you can see the wires of that section.
- Next, separate the wires according to its color.
- After that, use a lighter for burning the enamel coating.
- Then, twist the same colored wired altogether.
- Move the new headphone plug covering over the wire in such a way that a section that is attached with the plug gets placed in front of the wire.
- Next, melt a bit solder towards the end of every wire.
- After that, let the solder cool down.
- Put solder to any of pins in the plug’s housing. For melting the solder, you need to use heat.
- Then, by the help of ‘soldered bottom of wire’ to the ‘soldered pin’ try attaching the wire to the plug by connecting it.
- Do the same for other wires.
- Lastly, you need to do assembling of the new headphone plug by taking out the jack sleeve into the plug. Ensure that the wires are correctly placed.
When there is no loose connection
- Firstly, cut out the rubber seal that has been placed around the driver and take it out.
- Then, place the new driver in the available area.
- Next, put some glue around the edges for having it in the proper location.
- Lastly, assemble the repaired earpiece and check it.
Micheal Ricky is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Samuel has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.