Google+ is a social network site similar to others. The service was started in June 2011 by Google. Google introduced Google+ to compete with other social networks like Facebook, Twitter, etc. Although in the beginning year the service had received a good response and it grew. But it fails to attract people as other social networks do. Therefore, last year Google decided to shut it down. There are two main reasons behind this: very low user rate and security bugs. In December 2018 Google announced the date for closing of Google+, it is 2 April 2019. Google also asked its users to download and save their essential data before the date.
If you’re a Google+ user and used it for uploading photos and videos, then you might want to download and save them before Google deletes it. Google+ will go with your posts, pages, photos, videos and everything it has. So, if you want to get your important data back from Google+ then thankfully you can download them.
Here is how to download and save your data from Google+
- Open ‘Download your data’ page of Google’s.
- Sign in with your ‘Google+ account,’ if you’re not. If you’re already logged in with your Google+ account, then it will open with the preselected options.
- To select specific data to download, Select None.
- Select the data you want to download. You can also use the toggle switch of the products.
- Click ‘Next.’
- Select ‘file type.’
- Select a delivery option (Dropbox, Drive,etc.).
- And then click ‘Create Archive.’
That’s it! Remember, exporting the will not remove your account.
If you are unable to export your data with the above steps, then here is one more way for you. The process is easy and also simple. You just have to:
- Use Google Takeout.
- Choose your data.
- Select a format for data.
- Choose a location to store.
Step 1: Using Google Takeout
Google Takeout is a tool that you can use to download any or all data from your Google account including Google+ data. The tool is simple to use, and it will easily take out your data.
To access Google Takeout, go to takeout.google.com.
Step 2: Choose your data
- When you’re in the tool, select the data to create their downloadable file.
- If you want to select manually, then click on ‘Select None’ button to deselect all.
- Scroll down to the given list and choose the type of data you want to save.
- Select “+1s, Google+ Circles, Google+ Communities. Google+ Stream, Hangouts, Hangouts on Air, Profile” to download your Google+ data.
Step 3: Select format for data
For some of the options, you can select the formats for downloading.
The Google+ Circles data can be download in vCard format, which can be easily imported to the Contacts. You also have the option to select HTML or CSV format.
Step 4: Choose a location to store
This is the final step now you’ve to choose a place to store your data. You can also select a file type and size in this step.
- By default, the type is select as ‘.zip.’ format. Click on downward facing arrow of file type to select another type.
- By default 2GB file size is selected, Click on downward facing arrow of the Archive size to choose the size.
- Hit blue color ‘CREATE ARCHIVE’ button.
Now the file will be uploaded to the cloud service such as Dropbox or Google Drive. You can also use the ‘Send download link’ option. This will send a download link to the email, just access the download link to download.
That it! Save all the essential data from Google+ before it gets killed off. Google+ Exporter can also be used to export data.
Micheal Ricky is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Samuel has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.