Google Home helps you to play songs, but you also have to allow Google assistant to access many services with voice commands. Google has three smart speakers which include Google Home, Google Home Mini and Google Home Max. All these speakers use the same Google Assistant service. They are different from each other as in size, sound quality and price.
The methods are given below to set up your Google Home:
1. Setting up Google Home
- Search for the right place for your Google Home.
You need to place your device at the center of the room so that you can make maximum use of it. Make sure to avoid putting it with furniture or walls that might block the microphone.
- For the Google Home, the kitchen will be a right place because its hands-free function works properly there.
- In case you are having a problem in setting up Google Home, it means you have placed the Google Home on a wrong place that has a bad Wi-Fi connection. Try moving it to a different direction which was closer to the router, or move the router closer to the Google Home if possible.
- Plug Google Home into a power slot.
Pair the power cord and put Google Home into an open power outlet. In a few minutes, it will start lighting it up and displaying guidelines from the Google Home application.
Install the Google Home application. On your mobile phone or tablet, install the Google Home application.
- On Android:
Go to the Google Play Store, write Google Home in the search column, press Google Home in the given results, after that click Install.
- On iOS devices:
Go to the app store, press the search column, press Google Home in the given results, after that click GET.
- Go to the Google Home Application.
On your mobile phone, click Open after the application has completed downloading or press the Google Home application icon on your display. The app has a symbol of the multi-colored house.
- Ensure your mobile phone or tablet is paired to your home Wi-Fi network.
- In case you are not logged in, choose Google account and then click OK.
Choose one of the Google accounts from the list or click Use another account to log in to a Google account, after that click OK.
- Log in to the account you like to use with your Google Home gadget.
- Click Accept to agree with the terms and conditions.
This is the step for setting up your Google Home.
- Click Enable Location to turn on location.
These permissions are needed to set up your Google Home.
2. Pairing to Goggle Home
- Go to the Google Home application.
It resembles like a multicolored outline of a house.
- In case you are using an iOS device, be sure Bluetooth should be enabled as well.
- Click Continue in case the Google Home application acknowledges your Google Home immediately.
This will indicate, “Google Home found.” The application should automatically acknowledge your Google Home and start pairing to it. It will take some time to complete.
- In case of connection does not start automatically, press the icon on the right side. This will give you the list of available devices. After that click “Setup” under Google Home when it comes.
- Choose the room your Google Home is in and then click Continue.
If you want to have more than one devices, then this will help you to differentiate your Google Homes.
- You can check or uncheck in this window to give gadget usage of file and reports to Google. You can uncheck the box if privacy is important to you.
- Choose your home Wi-Fi network from the drop-down menu list.
Make sure to have the same Wi-Fi network on your Google Home as your phone has.
- Type the Wi-Fi password and click Connect.
Press Get Password or “OK” in case the network is already paired on your phone or click Enter Manually to enter it indirectly.
- Press Continue after it paired successfully.
It will take a few seconds to set up Google Home.
Harry Williams is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Harry Williams has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.