At present, people are always connected to the net, starting from Smartphones to music systems in this technical world. The school and college students are well aware of it and with the help of technology; they get connected with the outer world.
Here are some tips that will help students stay safe online
- Understand The Importance Of Safety
In simple words, it means letting people know that after using Bluetooth and WiFi it should be switched off especially in public places. This step should be taken to always stay on the safe side.
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is a feature that sends SMS or mail at the time of login to check whether it is you or if anyone else is trying to steal private information. A kind of SMS or mail is sent when the login is done from a new system or area.
- 2FA is provided by many social media accounts. But if you don’t have faith in it then you can even go for a facility like ‘Google Authenticator’.
- Create Different Passwords
It gets a bit difficult to note all the different passwords for different accounts. But not to have the same password in all the different accounts is an excellent way to stop your private information from getting stolen by the hackers.
- The easy method to remember any of the passwords is by selecting a line and chopping it down.
- For instance, my dog is the best among all the dogs
- my dog is
- the best among
- all the dogs
- This is a simple method to remember your password quickly. Ensure that you use spaces in between two words.
- Install Password Managers
If you are terrible in remembering any of the things, then you can altogether avoid remembering of passwords.
- Password Managers can keep all the passwords safe in it.
- Most of the password managers by themselves put passwords in the accounts at the time of logging because they get connected to Chrome and Firefox.
- It even helps out in filling forms over the net and saves a lot of time.
- Have Antivirus Software
You should always use the antivirus software on your devices. Select the one on which you have full faith in. It is so because antivirus software plays a significant role in protecting your information from thieves. Hope this blog would have been useful to you.
Marshall Lyne is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.