Facing Google Play Store Error Code 920 on your device, but have no idea how to fix it? If that’s the case, then you are on the right spot. In this article, we are going to troubleshoot this error with a step by step tutorial.
Even on the internet, you will find it hard to get a reliable solution for such error codes, but we are here to help you in such an hour of need. The 920 error code can be a challenge for many. In order to find out the ultimate solution for the 920 error, firstly you should know what is causing it on Play Store. Once you know the reason behind the error code 920 on the Google Play Store, you will be able to fix the issue quickly.
What is Google Play 920 Error and Why it is Happening on Your Device?
This error generally appears because of putting too much load on your device to download multiple apps.
Yes, the primary reason behind the Google Play 920 error is downloading and installing multiple apps from the Google Play Store.”According to a technology research website, this error only appears when someone puts too much load on the internet or Google Play Store. However, there also can be other reasons, and some common causes are mentioned here:
- Extraordinary load on the data connection.
- Cache data is corrupted, or too much cache stored.
- The internet connection is misbehaving or getting unstable.
Troubleshooting Google Play Store Error 920
In order to solve the Google Play 920 error code, you need to try out the following methods:
Method 1: Uninstalling Play Store Updates
Before attempting deep and the ultimate solutions, firstly try to uninstall the app and then install the app again. Here’s how to do that:
- Head to the Settings on your Android device.
- Now navigate to the application settings.
- Find and select the Google Play Store.
- Now uninstall all updates and also clear the app data.
- Press the Force Stop button.
- Cross-check that the app data and cache is cleared.
- Now restart the device and then open the Play Store again.
- See if the error is still there.
If your problem is solved, you can end this article right here and if the problem is still occurring, then follow the next method.
Method 2: Reinstalling the App
- Launch the app, which is showing up the error.
- Now head to the Play Store and then browse the same app, which is showing the error 920.
- On the app download screen, click on the Uninstall option and then uninstall the updates if available.
- Go to the Home Screen of your device and then close all background apps on your phone or tablet.
- Try to reinstall the app again from the Play Store.
If the error continues, then follow the next method. If the error code didn’t show up during the installation, then it means error 920 has been fixed.
Method 3: Troubleshooting 920 Error with Android Repair
This is a one-stop solution for the issue because the Android Repair tool is created solely for fixing the 920 error. In this method, you may lose your all data so ensure that you create a thorough backup of your important data. You can simply transfer all essential files and data into your computer, and this will only take a while. Once the data is saved in a safe place, you ready to troubleshoot this error.
Here’s how to use Android Repair tool to solve Error 920:
- Open your favorite browser on your PC or Mac and then paste this “https://www.wondershare.com/guide/android-repair.html” link in the URL bar.
- Hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Now there are two options for tool installation; one for Windows and another for Mac. Choose according to your requirements. Click on either of the options.
- Once the download finishes, you should install it on your device using the on-screen instructions.
- Launch the software on your computer and then hi the Repair button (mechanic key icon).
- Now connect your smartphone to the computer using the connector cable that is also used for charging your phone.
- Press the Android Repair option from the left menu.
- Now a screen will appear asking about your device information, and you will have to provide the details of your phone or tablet. This will tell the software to download the right firmware for your device.
- When asked to enter the code, simply enter “000000” to move ahead in the process.
- Now you will see some instructions on the computer screen for entering into the download mode in your Android device. Follow those instructions on your phone to activate the download mode.
- Once that is done, the software will automatically start the troubleshooting process.
Once the process completes, your phone will be fixed. Now switch on your device and then try to install an app. The error should be solved.