Sending an email is easy but sending an email with large video files is complicated. The reason is many emails services set a limit on the email attachment size.
Here is how to send large video files through Gmail or Outlook by taking just a few extra steps:
How to Send Large Video files through Gmail (Google Drive)
1. Go to ‘Gmail Website.’
2. Sign In with your Gmail account email and password if you’re not.
3. Now, click on ‘Compose’ red color button from the left side menu.
4. Click on the ‘Google Drive’ icon at the bottom of the message composing window.
5. Select the ‘Video’ from the opened ‘insert files using Google Drive’ window, if the video is already uploaded on your Google Drive.
6. Click on the ‘Upload’ tab at the upper-right corner of the same window, if the video you want to upload is not uploaded on your Google Drive.
7. Now, click on the text ‘Select files from your computer’.
8. Locate the place where the video is placed in your system.
9. Select the ‘Video’ you want to upload and click ‘open.’
10. Click on the ‘Upload’ button at the lower-left corner of opened Drive window.
Wait, now your video starts uploading, and it will take a long time to upload completely. Once it uploads completely, the new message window will open, and video will appear as a link into the message.
11. Now, enter ‘Receiver email, subject, and other message details’ into their field.
12. Hit the ‘Send’ blue button at the left lower corner of the Message window.
That’s it! The video will be sent to the recipient as a link, and the user can open the file and download it. Click on the ‘Share and Send’ option on the pop-up window to authorize the receiver to view our video.
How to Send Large Video files through Outlook (OneDrive)
1. Go to ‘Outlook Website.’
2. Sign In with your Outlook account email and password if you’re not.
3. Click on the ‘Grid’ icon at the top-left corner of the opened Outlook window.
4. Click on ‘OneDrive’ tile from the tiles window.
5. Click on ’Upload’ dropdown option > click ‘Files’ > go to the video location and select the video you want to send. You can also drag the video you want to send into the file selecting window.
Wait, now your video starts uploading, and it will take a long time to upload completely. Keep open the OneDrive page until video does not upload successfully.
6. After uploading, go back to the OneDrive window.
7. Select ‘Mail’ from the tiles.
8. Click on ‘+ New’ button at the top-middle side of the screen.
9. In the Inbox, click on ‘Attach’ near the upper-left corner.
10. Click on ‘OneDrive-personal’ at the top-left corner of the screen.
11. Choose the ‘Video’ file you want to send.
12. And click on ‘Next’ button.
13. Click on ‘Attach as a OneDrive file’ option.
14. Now, enter ‘Receiver email, subject, and other message details’ into their field.
15. And click ‘Send.’
That’s it! The video will be sent to the recipient as a link, and He or She can open the file and download it.
Mathew Anderson is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Mathew has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup