Are you stuck in sideways or upside down display in your Windows system? The reason behind this issue is that by mistake you may have hit on the wrong keyboard button or have tried to make some changes in the display setting. There is nothing to worry about it. This problem can be fixed within a few minutes only.
Solution 1 – Use Keyboard Shortcuts
From a long time, the given keyboard shortcuts used to rotate the screen display fully. It is worth noting that these will not be present on all systems. The reason can be any, like the type of software your PC is using.
The frequently used keyboard shortcut to rotate your screen are given below-
- Control+Alt+The arrow pointing upwards
- Control+Alt+ The arrow pointing downwards
- Control+Alt+ The arrow pointing leftwards
- Control+Alt+ The arrow pointing rightwards
When continuously pressing these combinations is not making any difference, do follow the steps as given under-
- Firstly, do a right click on the available area of your main display,
- Then, observe that a lot of options will be presented before you.
- Next, according to your settings, an option like ‘Graphic Settings’ will be shown. From here, you’ll efficiently manage the hotkey activation.
Solution 2- Do Screen Orientation Settings
If the above way didn’t work out to solve your issue, then changing the display orientation might solve your problem.
Note: The given below steps are suitable for Windows 10 system users only.
- Firstly, does a right click in any available area at any place on the main screen.
- Then, Observe that lot of options will be presented before you.
- Click on ‘Display Settings.’
Note: Alternative method – instead of right click use Cortana for getting into ‘Display Setting.’
- After that, press on the landscape from the drop-down menu titled as Orientation.
- Press on the ‘Apply’ option. It will immediately rotate your screen display.
- Lastly, you’ll get in total two options. The one will be for keeping the changes, and the other will be for reverting it.
Solution 3- Use Adjust Screen Resolution
Note: The given below steps suitable for Windows 8 system users only.
- Firstly, press on ‘Windows’ option. It is present at the bottom left side of your monitor.
- Then, click on ‘Control Panel’ option.
- After that, press on ‘Adjust screen resolution.’ It will be given under Appearance and Personalization part.
- Now, press on the Orientation menu.
- Next, select the Landscape.
- Press Apply to have the changes made immediately.
- Like the above one, here also you’ll get the two options. Select according to your preference.
Bob Martin is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at office.com/setup.