I recommend you not to purchase another PlayStation 4 just because it started acting a bit weird. If facing problem while pairing it with another, you must try out some of the ways by which it will start working normally like earlier. For instance, you must do a hard reset or soft reset for solving this issue.
Steps for resetting PS4 DualShock controller
The method of resetting PlayStation 4
- Firstly, log in with another controller and move to the Settings which will be at its top menu. It will look like a suitcase.
- Press on Devices from its drop-down menu.
- Then, press Bluetooth Devices.
- After that, press on the PS4 controller that is not working.
- Click on the Options button of the controller. It will be present towards the right side of the display.
- Note that you will get a new menu.
- Next, press the Forget Devices.
Now you need to decrease the power of the PS4. It can be done by the given below instructions:
- Firstly, do a long press on the PS4 button of the controller.
- Then, visit the Power from the menu.
- After that, select Turn off PS4.
The further steps that should be taken with power off should be as given below:
- You need to connect PlayStation 4 that is not working correctly with DualShock 4 by using a USB cable.
- Make the power on and give some time to it so that it can boot up.
- Click on the PS button on the controller and sign in to the PS4.
- Finally, the PS4 shall be able to get paired.
The method of hard resetting a PS4 Controller
- Firstly, turn off the PlayStation 4.
- Then, go through the DualShock 4 controller.
- After that, place the hole towards the left shoulder button.
- Unwrap a part of U Pin for pushing the button that has gone inside the hole.
- Do a long press on the button for some time.
- Then, prefer connecting the controller to PlayStation 4 by USB cable.
- After that, power on your PS4 and wait till it completes its booting.
- Click the PlayStation button of the controller for signing to PS4.
- Lastly, have a look at the light box. It must be blue showing that DualShock 4 has got paired with the device.
Remember! The above-stated steps shall not work for the modded PS4 controller.
Hope you would have been able to reset a PlayStation DualShock 4 Controller.
Ethan Grey is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Samuel has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.