After you upgrade the system to Windows 10 v1803, if you see an extra drive on your PC, then read this article in order to get rid of this Extra Driver letter and to stop the Windows from notifying you about the “low disk space.”
April 2018 Update of Windows 10 (version 1803) introduced many new features and eliminated few others, but also brought a bug to several systems that caused an extra drive to be scheduled under “This PC.” Most bothersome of all, the virus causes Windows to show an error prompt about the drive being nearly full.
Here’s what this error says – [Low Disk Space] “You are running out of disk space on Local Disk (E:). Tap here to see if you can free space on this drive.” However, clicking the option in order to free up space on the drive doesn’t work at all.
Removing the Extra Drive letter after Windows 10 1803 Update
Follow these simple steps for removing the Extra Drive letter:
- First of all, go to the Cortana’s Search box and type “cmd” or command prompt.
- Then right click on Command Prompt result and tap on Run as Administrator.
- After that, on Command prompt, type the following commands:
- list volume
- Remember to press the Enter after typing each command.
- Note in which volume, linked or associated the new drive letter.
- Here, you need to select that volume by entering the following
command (where “X” is the new drive letter) and then hit the Enter.
- select volume X
- At last, you just need to give this command for removing the drive letter (where “X” is the new drive letter):
- remove letter=X
- And then type exit to close DISKPART tool and then close the command prompt window.
That’s it! Practicing the method in the right way should resolve the error. Thank you for reading this article. We hope this information will be helpful to you.