Do you want to print a picture or text in black and white? This blog will let you know about the method of printing in black-and-white on your Mac.
Assumption- This blog assumes that you already have a printer and it can print in black and white.
Here’re the ways of taking out the print out on Mac in black and white
It is simpler than you expect!
The method of printing in black and white
In simple words, taking out print in black-and-white is similar to taking out a print out on color. The only difference that you need to let your Mac know that this time you need a black and white print out.
- Firstly, go to the menu and press on File.
- Then, search and press on Print.
- Next, look at the Black and White written option.
- After that, put a tick or mark on it.
- Lastly, press on Print option.
It can be possible that you did not get Black and White option whenever you checked the Print display for the first time. Usually, it is immediately after the Copies option. There is nothing to worry about it. You only require to continue after the above-given steps by doing the upcoming steps as mentioned under.
- Firstly, Press the dropdown menu in the mid of the print window
- Hit Paper Type/Quality (alternatively can be Print Settings or Quality and Media).
- Then, press on the Color Options sub-topic.
- After that, press the Color dropdown menu.
- Then choose Grayscale. Alternatively, if you went to Settings of the Print instead of Type/Quality, then you may get an option mentioned as Black and not the Grayscale option. There is no difference in it as both of them is for black and white printing.
- Lastly, press on Print.
Note: The option name may vary according to the printer or the version of macOS, but their function shall be the same. For instance, instead of ‘Grayscale’ or ‘Black’ the options can be ‘Black cartridge only’ or ‘Mono’.
The method of printing in black-and-white on Mac: Presets
- Firstly, go to Print and select Black and White printing option.
- Then, press on the Presets dropdown menu.
- After that, press on Save Current Setting as Preset.
- Put a name for the preset — for instance, Black and White. If the option gets displayed, select between saving the preset for any one. The one option will be All Printer, and the other will be Only This Printer.
- Lastly, press on OK.
James Williams is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.