A majority of people don’t know that they have the option to pin programs and websites to their Windows Taskbar. Fortunately, files can also be pinned to the Windows 10 taskbar.
Here’s the ways of pinning to taskbar on Windows 10.
The method of pinning a running program to taskbar
- Firstly, go to the program. You can get it from the Start menu. This can be done in total two different ways. The 1st way, you need to write the name of the program. And the 2nd way is to search it in the programs list.
- As soon the program starts running, it gets displayed, immediately you require to do right-click on the program (in the taskbar) for getting the menu of the options displayed on the screen.
- Then, click on the Pin to taskbar.
- Lastly, look that the program shall be pinned.
The method of pinning a file
- Firstly, make the extension of the file to .exe. Before doing that, you need to mark the original value of it.
- Then, move a file to a taskbar.
- Now, you need to make the file’s extension to its earlier original value.
- After that, do a right click on the symbol in the taskbar. Do right click one more time on the file name.
- Click on Properties.
- Search for the name of that file and also put the file’s extension to its original value here itself.
- Lastly, check that users shall get the file pinned to the taskbar. It is worth noting that it shall have a generic application symbol of a file symbol.
The method of pinning to a program’s recently viewed list
- Firstly, do a right-click on a pinned program.
- After that, click on the option of Pin to this list.
Note: If users ever move a file straight to taskbar itself, then the program that helps to open data is pinned and not the file. The file is also put on the program’s jump list.
- To avail the list, do a right click on the taskbar option.
- Lastly, the file shall be viewed from the given list.
The method of pinning the website to Taskbar using MS Edge
The most simple method is to pin a website in MS Edge.
- Firstly, you need to click on the menu option. It will be present at the right side corner.
- Then, click on the option of Pinning the page to the taskbar.
Bob Martin is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at office.com/setup.