Many people complain that in Windows 10 the laptop keyboard is very annoying. If it is, then it can be turned off simply. There is nothing to worry about anything. The laptop keyboard can be turned off with the help of the device manager. Fortunately, there is even a method for disabling it permanently. It can be done by updating the system with a driver with the help of some other hardware companies.
Best ways of turning off laptop keyboard with Windows 10
The method of disabling laptop keyboard with the help of ‘group policy editor’
Turning on the ‘device installation restriction’ by Windows’ ‘group policy editor’ is the only method to prevent the inbuilt keyboard from getting downloaded again and again the time your system get started.
- Firstly, put the combination of Windows+R.
- Then, write ‘gpedit.msc.’
- After that, click on OK.
- Next, move to Administrative Templates.
- Click on System.
- Press on Device installation.
- Hit Device Installation Restrictions.
- Right click on ‘Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings.’
- Click on Edit.
- Press on Enabled.
- Click on Apply.
- Hit Ok.
- Then, turn off the Local Group Policy Editor.
- After that, put the combination of Windows+X.
- Next, click on Device Manager.
- Press on Keyboards to expand it.
- After that, do a right-click on Standard PS/2 Keyboard.
- Next, click on Uninstall device.
- Then, press on Uninstall.
- Click on Yes.
Finally, it is over!
The method of turning off the laptop keyboard with the help of updating the incorrect driver
- Firstly, write ‘device manager’ into Windows’s search bar.
- After that, click on Open after it gets displayed on the screen.
- Then Expand Keyboards.
- Then, do a right-click on Standard PS/2 keyboard.
- Click on Update driver.
- Then, click on Browse my computer for driver software.
- Press on ‘Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer’.
- Click on Show compatible hardware.
- Next, move a bit downwards and click on a manufacturer.
- After that, click on the model.
- Press on Next.
- Then, click on Yes.
- Click on Close. Do it after the driver is updated.
- Click on Yes to restart the system.
- Note that after your PC gets rebooted, the inbuilt keyboard will not work at all.
Remember, to make it work like earlier, click on Update driver by the Keyboard division from your device manager.
- Press on Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Then, click on Close.
Finally, now it is completed.
Congratulations! The turning off the laptop keyboard with Windows 10 is done.