Do you want to set up your new Mac? In this blog, we will guide you through the process of setting up a new Mac. Follow the instructions given in this post.
Switch to the new Mac device
You should remove the Mac device and then connect in the electricity supply. At the time of testing, Mac devices generally carries some amount of charges. Instead, we will suggest you to connect in the MacBook for avoiding the running out of the battery during the setup process. In case you have taken a new Mac mini device then you have to connect it with the monitor, keyboard and mouse. At the end, you have to hit on the option of “Power”.
You can run the program of setup assistant
For setting up the Mac device, you have to go to the set up wizard. If this is the first time to run the new MacBook device then it operates the Setup Assistant program. It assists to set up the Mac device for linking with internet connectivity. It also assists you to set the privacy settings. Every display provides the selections and the option of “Continue”.
• First display shows a map. You can choose a nation close to you and then click on the button of “Continue”. It will make sure that timing within the Mac device is proper.
• You can choose the keyboard as per the nationality. When you are from the UK, then you can pick out the keyboard in British format rather than that of US.
• You can link with the Wifi network. You can select the name of the network and the passcode.
• In case you are upgrading the device from the old MacBook then you can employ the backup mechanism via Time Machine to exchange the details to the new Mac device. It is performed by using Migration Assistant program. You can work with this program at any time.
• You can employ the option of “Location Services” for positioning you on the globe. For doing this, you have press the permissions in applications. So, it is better to mark the option of “Enable Location Services” on the Mac devices and then button of “Continue”. It depends on you.
• You will get the pop-up page of “Data and Privacy” that alerts you about the access into the personal details. And then press the button of “Continue”.
• You have to log in with the ID of Apple devices and its passcode. It would be the similar ID of Apple which assists you to buy from the App Store box. The ID of Apple device is a kind of an e-mail address that specifically ends with the “icloud.com”.
• In case you have security of two factor authentications then you will get a notice that one guy is signing into the account with your registered Apple ID. A code will be delivered to you on different device for inserting it on the new Mac device.
• You will have a page permitting you to enabling Siri that will guide you with the voice assistant.
• You have to engage with the iCloud services. It synchronizes the contact numbers, calendars everything. You will have the button of “Store documents” from the folder in the iCloud services. • When the Mac device has the facility of Touch ID, you can avail the opportunity for setting it up next.
Bob Martin is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.