iCloud is a cloud storage and cloud computing service of Apple Incorporation. Whether a person uses all of its services, or just email and contacts, iCloud features give access to your data, anywhere you are connected to the Internet. An iCloud account that functions properly is a significant part of using an Apple device. But in some circumstances, you may be required to remove an iCloud account from an Apple devcie.
Guide to deactivate an iCloud account on Mac
- Visit to the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Click on the iCloud pane.
- Below left corner of the window, press Sign Out.
- In the next window, if you want to keep data from iCloud Drive, Calendar, Contacts, or Reminders on Your Mac, make sure the appropriate checkbox is ticked.
- Click on Keep a Copy.
- If you want to keep your Safari Passwords on your Mac, press Keep on this Mac.
Guide to remove an iCloud account from iPhone or iPad
These steps are to be followed foriOS 10.3 or later
- Hit on the Setting Application.
- Tap the name of the iCloud account.
- Pull down and click Sign Out.
- Enter in your Apple ID password and click Turn off.
- Choose the data you want to keep on the device and make sure the switch next to it is in the On Position.
- Hit Sign Out.
- Hit Sign Out again to confirm.
For devices that run oniOS 10.2 or earlier
- Hit the Setting Application.
- Hit iCloud.
- Pull down and hit Sign Out.
- Tap on Sign Out again.
- Hit Delete from my iPhone.
- Hit Keep or Delete for data including contacts, calendars, reminders, and Safari data.
- Enter in your Apple ID password and hit Turn Off.
Guide to remove a device from iCloud
- Visit to iCloud.com in Safari on your Mac.
- Enter in your Apple ID and Password
- If you use two-factor authentication, type in the code sent to your Apple device.
- Click on Settings.
- In the My Devices section, press on the device you want to remove.
- In the next window, press the ‘X’ next to the device you want to remove from iCloud.
Guide to change iCloud account on iPad or iPhone
For devices oniOS 10.3 or later:
- Hit Settings.
- Hit Sign on to your iPhone.
- Enter in the Apple ID and password for the iCloud account you want to use.
In iOS 10.2 or later
- Launch the Settings Application.
- Hit iCloud
- Enter in the Apple ID and password for the iCloud account.
- Hit Sign in.
Important: You can’t really delete an iCloud account completely.