iMessage is one of the important features in various iOS devices like Mac, iPhone, and iPadOS. It is used for receiving and delivering text messages on your device. But sometimes, it doesn’t work properly. In this case, you have to fix this issue to continue the services of iMessage. The blog contains the steps on how to do so.
iMessage not Responding
In case you are facing such issues like iMessage is down, iMessage not properly working or not responding, and much more, then read through the blog. Here, you have to check what type of problem arises with your iMessage. There may be various reasons behind it like:
- The problem arises with the server of your iMessage.
- Issues in your Messaging application.
- Message settings issue.
If you want to troubleshoot the issue with your messaging app; then you will be required to follow these troubleshooting steps:
Checking for Messages Application
The first possibility behind your iMessage slow down is the server connection, which causes your iMessage to crash. For checking such errors, you may go to the “System Status” page.
For locating or checking various errors in your iMessage, you can use the “Down Detector” page, which will provide you a detailed outage description about the issues arising on your iMessage. You can view the outage summary of the last twenty-four hours.
Checking Data Connection
First of all, you have to check your internet connection. If you have connected with Wi-Fi, then you might check your Wi-Fi connectivity because iMessage requires a strong internet connection.
If for any reason, your connection fails to provide you strong internet access, then iMessage might cause an issue while sending or receiving messages on iPhone, Mac, or iPad.
In case you haven’t a strong 3G or 4G connectivity, then you may follow these steps:
Turn on the Airplane mode
- You can swipe in the direction from the upper-right side portion of the screen.
- Now select the option “Airplane Mode.”
In case you are facing issues with your 3G or 4G internet connection, then follow any of these methods based on your problem.
- First of all, turn Off and On your device or switch between Airplane modes On or Off options. Then try to send messages through iMessage and check whether the issue fix or not.
- If the problem still exists, then check your Wi-Fi connectivity by the following ways:
- Tap on Settings first.
- Then, hit the “Wi-Fi” option there.
- Now, check for any available Wi-Fi connection. If found, then connect it to access the internet.
- In case the issue relates to your Wi-Fi connection, then stop it instantly and try to connect with your cellular data.
- If any of the methods mentioned above didn’t work, then try to reset the network settings in the following ways:
- First of all, Hit the “Settings” tab.
- After that, navigate to “General” and hit it.
- Then, tap on the option “Reset.”
- Finally, hit the “Reset Network Settings” option and try to fix the particular issue.
- In case, if any of the above methods didn’t fix your issue, then tap and hold the undelivered message. When the pop-out appears, hit the option “Send a text message.”
Checking the Status of iMessage
First of all, make sure that your iMessage settings are correctly set so that you can receive or deliver an iMessage. For checking the settings, follow these steps:
- Firstly, hit the “Settings.”
- Then, tap on “Message” and then check that if your iMessage is turned on or not.
- If your iMessage is properly turned on and your device shows no message regarding activation, then check your iMessage data for sending or receiving messages.
To do this, follow these steps:
- First of all, tap the “Settings” option.
- After that, hit the option “Messages.”
- check for contact numbers and addresses stored in your iMessage settings.
Restarting Messages by Switching Off and On
Follow these steps to fix the iMessage issue in the following ways:
- First of all, tap on “Settings.”
- Then, hit the option “Messages and turning off iMessage.”
- Then hold down the power button for a while until it shows power off option.
- Then, slide towards the power off icon.
- Wait for some time so that the device restarts automatically.
- Once the smartphone restarts, then tap the “Settings.”
- After that, touch the “Messages” option and again turn on the iMessage.
- After that, log out from your iPhone ID associated with Apple. You may do it in the following ways:
- First of all, hit the “Settings” option.
- Then, tap on “Messages.”
- Now, hit the “Send and Receive” option there.
- Navigate to the upper portion of the screen.
- Hit the option “Apple ID.”
- Finally, select the “Sign Out” tab here.
- After that, log in once more to check if the issue fixed or not.
Removing Messages on Messages App
In case your Message application has numerous images and videos, then it may affect your device and iMessage too. In this case, it is recommended to delete some of the unnecessary messages. To delete the messages, follow these under- mentioned steps:
- Firstly, swipe the desired message or messages towards the left. The messages will be stored inside the messages list.
- After that, hit the option “Delete.”
- Alternatively, you may remove messages by tapping the option “Edit.” It is located at the upper-left edge of Messages.
- Then, hit on the “Delete” tab.
- If you have any of the important messages, and you need to keep them, then tap on “Settings.”
- After that, hit the “Messages” tab.
- Touch the option “Keep Messages” from the “Message History.”
Checking For Software Update
Sometimes, updating your iOS may also fix various issues. It will also remove various bugs and malware.
First of all, you have to check for any available updates for iOS supporting your device. To do so, follow these instructions:
- Firstly, tap on “Settings.”
- Next, hit the “General” tab there.
- After that, touch the “Software Update” option.
If any updates are available for your device, then select it and install it.
Checking Network Connection Settings
If you are still facing the issue of sending messages, then check for any network issue on your device. If you want to check and reset your network settings, then follow these steps:
- Firstly, hit the “Settings” tab.
- Now, tap on “General.”
- After that, touch the “Reset” option.
- Then, hit the option “Reset Network Settings.”
Now, have to provide your passcode while doing this job.
Checking Time Zone Related Settings
You might face issues while sending messages if your Time Zone is not set according to systems iMessage or update automatically. Here are some steps that you can use while troubleshooting iMessage issue:
- First of all, tap the “Settings.”
- Then, you have to hit the “General” tab there.
- After that, tap on the “Date and Time” option.
- Now, check that your time is set automatically.
- If it is not set, then turn the “Set Automatic” option to “On.”
Resetting Overall Settings
If you wish to reset your system to fix the issue of iMessage, then follow these steps:
- First of all, tap “Settings.”
- Then tap on “Reset.”
Now, the device will start to reset automatically.